jjyar
1 Copper

Re: Ati mobility Radeon HD 5470 video driver problems

I thought the Bios update had fixed the video crash problem after coming out of sleep or hibernation, but it has not. In fact it has gotten much worse. Before the system would try to recover but now it's so bad that the computer shuts down suddenly to protect the computer (on my system anyway). The crash just  took much longer to happen after coming out of sleep or hibernation. Multiple monitor problem still exists, but not with HDMI. problem with HDMI is you cant use earphones.

The only answer seems to be to restart the computer after sleep. I don't see any Dell support experts making any suggestions here...(?)

0 Kudos
Mick_eastwood
1 Copper

make sure you have installed the  new ATI Update 10.9 and then Vbios (R281544) . BUT remember the bios update is for the HD5870 ONLY!

0 Kudos
jjyar
1 Copper

Where did you get a Video bios (vbios) update 10.9? The latest is 10.8 on the ATi website, which I tried with no success. Anyway, ATi recommends using only the computer manufacturers recommended driver which is 8.692.1.0 revision A17 on the Dell website.
Why are you mentioning the ATi update for the HD5870? this post is about the HD5470. What exactly are you saying?  That the two drivers should be installed one after the other?

0 Kudos
filip.vrancken
1 Copper

All

I am having same issues, with a 1558 and HD5470.

Blue screens on regular basis(pointer out of sleepmode) + screen goes black when opening video-links.

Motherboard has been changed by dell in the mean time, bios updates, ati updates, complete re-installation, but nothing helps.

Anyone an idea?

thanks

0 Kudos
jjyar
1 Copper

The latest Bios update A11 posted October 15th 2010 seems to have fixed the video crash after coming out of sleep mode. No crash so far after a few days. emoticon.Smile.title Multiple monitor mode with AV still switches back and forth. HDMI multiple monitor mode works fine.

0 Kudos
jdavis7765
1 Copper

I to have the same issue. When the computer comes out of sleep, I either experience one of two things. Either you will be randomly on the computer, I believe when Flash is used, and the mouse will become enlarged. The other thing that happens is that the computer locks up and than goes to a black screen and back to the desktop but very slow and unresponsive to the point where you have to hold the power button to reset. I have a Studio 1558 with 5470 ATI.

0 Kudos
jjyar
1 Copper

The bios update A11 posted on the website fixed that it seems. No mouse or lockups after that for me yet. multiple monitor problem still exists with the regular video connection to flat screen tv

Update: Coming out of hibernation causes major computer freeze after a few minutes. Only solution is to reboot and set hibernation to 'never' for now.

0 Kudos
filip.vrancken
1 Copper

My problems are solved.  Dell installed a new motherboard and a new processor.

Stable system since 2 weeks and errors cannot be forced.

think you should contact them and ask replacement of above.

jjyar
1 Copper

You already posted before that you had changed your motherboard and did all the updates with no results. Did you change your motherboard again?

Problems that were fixed with Bios updates were sleep mode problems (not hibernation). Regular video connection to TV still jumps back and forth, maybe due to the unsigned video driver from Dell (?). HDMI connection works fine.

I don't know if the same problems exist for those that use 32 bit windows

0 Kudos
filip.vrancken
1 Copper

yes they changed it twice, and they changed the processor along the second time.

after the first change, i updated and re-installed all drivers and bios, at that time a bit better with the blue screens, but re-occurred shortly after.

+ problem to open videolinks.

now all solved since 2 weeks.

0 Kudos