Highlighted
FKMJ
1 Copper

Audio Codec Driver Download

I have a Dell Latitude 5430 laptop that I am needing a audio driver version 6.16.0.3131 and I have not been able to find a safe download for this older version driver

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

RE: Audio Codec Driver Download

Latitude 5430

Hello. Is it the E5430 model? That model had IDT audio, but Dell did not release an IDT audio driver version 6.16.0.3131 for the E5430.  The only IDT driver for that model with a version that begins with "6" was the 6.10.0.6491. You can see all of the drivers that Dell has released for the E5430 on the Latitude E5430 html page.

What model was the 6.16.0.3131 originally released for, and which operating system?

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
FKMJ
1 Copper

Thanks, this is has been ongoing for quite sometime.  The audio works through the laptop only, it does not recognize external speakers, earbuds.  We have reimaged and replaced the HD, we have replaced the daughterboard card and the mother board.  so I was just trying to roll back a driver to see if that would work.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

I was just trying to roll back a driver to see if that would work.

Instead of doing that, switch from the IDT driver to the Windows native audio driver. If the headphones don't work with the native driver either, then there is still something wrong with the hardware -- either in the laptop or the headphones.

1. Open the Device Manager.
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Codec".
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, sometimes you have to restart, sometimes not.
[To get back to the IDT driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]

An different way to test the hardware is to run Linux Live from external media. If the headphones don't workt with it either, then it's hardware related.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos