Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

N

1 Message

November 18th, 2008 09:00

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

I recenlty received a Latitude E6400. It came with Vista which our company hasn't rolled out yet. So I wiped it out and loaded XPsp2. After installing all Dell drivers (website & cd's) I still have a conflict that says "Audio device on high definition audio bus". The sound works fine. All hardware appears to be functioning normally, but as a tech I cannot stand to see the exclamation point in device manager. I even flashed the bios and installed XP service pack 3. I finally got frustrated and blew away the load to try again. Guess what...same results. I have been going through this for 2 days now...and suggestions?

June 24th, 2009 06:00

Hi all,

I have the same symptome. Only, I have no sound whatsoever. I have a Dimension 5150 desktop, and tried about all the standard stuff now: I've tried the µsoft link in this thread, didn't work. Searched for standard drivers on dell.com, couldn't find any. Update driver automatic, failed. Reinstall driver, failed. Search on recomended places on the HD, couln't find any. ...

Since Dell forces people to use IE for support (and I refuse to do so), I'll try it this way. Anybody any idea ? All help highly appreciated.

THX !

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 24th, 2009 08:00

Strandjeanette, try posting your question on the Desktop Audio Board for a better chance at getting an answer specific to your Dimension desktop computer.
(This is the Laptop Audio Board.)

2 Posts

June 24th, 2009 08:00

yes try internet explorer, make sure u type in the correct service tag for correct versions of the drivers u need and make sure u select correect OS on the driver page, sometimes if u install it it doesnt work right, manually point the new hard ware to the correct folder, and that should do it. if not i found out that same chipset laptops have similar drivers. good luck!!   

High definition audio = HDMI in the graphics drivers (not audio drivers) - this is for sound to be used with HDMI adapter

High definition Modem audio = modem drivers

June 24th, 2009 09:00

Oeps, sorry folks. As you can see, I'm new on this forum.

Thanks anyway !

2 Posts

June 25th, 2009 00:00

Hi,

In my case of problem with missing driver was the solution really driver upgrade from dell\drivers\R199173\HDMI. Thanks for help.

1 Message

July 17th, 2009 00:00

You, my friend, are a genius!

1 Message

December 11th, 2009 14:00

Thank you very much.  Like others I have looked all over for the answer to this.

24 Posts

March 4th, 2010 08:00

As an aside, has anyone noticed that when installing anything having to do with sound, it takes a VERY long time?  When I installed the IDT driver, SRS Premium Sound (whatever that is), and now the HDMI, it takes 15 to 30 minutes to complete.

24 Posts

March 4th, 2010 08:00

Good show, indeed!  Thanks for figuring this out.  I, too, have spent time over 2 days installing various drivers to no avail.  I don't understand the "logic" behind placing a sound driver in the video directory.  Practical joke?  Anyway, thanks for saving us all.

1 Message

March 27th, 2010 13:00

Thanks Yipp. Been battling this problem for three days. Seems to have started after downloading Microsoft Silver light Player and was getting a New Hardware request window at ever boot-up. Hardware Wizard failed after every attempt leaving me with no sound.

A few more details for other rookies like me with this problem. This is if you have XP/XP Pro.

At the Dell Support site, Go to Drivers and Downloads.

Enter the Service Tag code found on the bottom of your computer.  Or select Your Model.

Choose your Operating System. (Windows XP)

Choose Category. (Audio)

Look for SIGMATEL Driver (STAC 92XX C-Major HD AUDIO).

Select Download.

Choose the Dell Download Wizard/Manger to download and follow the instructions.

Were the instructions tell you to open the file from your Desk Top, you may also have a window that includes an "open file" option. Ether choose this option or close this window (do not choose "Cancel")  and double click the driver file icon on your Desk Top.

Good Luck.

1 Message

September 1st, 2010 11:00

You are a life saver!!!  I was so happy i felt i had to comment. 

1 Message

March 18th, 2011 01:00

I have exactly the sam problem...I'm glad to find this thread, but I can't find the entries to the replies! Must I reply first??

1 Message

May 3rd, 2011 05:00

You my friend are a LEGEND !!!!!!

1 Message

October 5th, 2011 20:00

The solution is to install the nVidia 3100S video drivers which will install the audio drivers for the video card.  Hope this helps.  Thanks

DC

1 Message

October 15th, 2011 08:00

thanks joel. Its works. Thanks once again.

No Events found!