Highlighted
Aiddy
1 Copper

Audio and Video make buzzing noise/stuttering every 15 minutes

I have a brand new Inspiron 7560 and I've been having a lot of issues with the audio and video sort of lagging and making a buzzing noise and stuttering, it happens every 15 minutes when watching something or listening to music.

I had this issue and then got the laptop replaced because I had no idea what the issue was. I don't like returning items but it was brand new and cost a lot so I was worried there was a bigger problem. It happened with the first one from the get go but with the replacement it started happening after a few days of use. It started off with static noises every so often roughly within the first say 30 minutes of turning the laptop on, and then it started doing the buzzing and lagging every 15 minutes like the first one I had. I've also noticed a static noise whenever putting the charger in or out.

I had a look on the internet on how to fix it before I got the first one replaced but none of it worked, I've had another look now and came across a thread but it was from 2011 so thought the fix may be outdated now. I thought my best bet was to just come straight here to see if anyone could help.

I'm really hoping this is a known issue and it's easy to remedy as I really don't want to return this one after already returning one. I'm sorry I haven't got much information about the issue, but I hope someone will be able to help me. If you need anything else I will try my best to answer any questions.

Thanks very much

2 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: Audio and Video make buzzing noise/stuttering every 15 minutes

Different folks have problems for different reasons.  I would suggest you open at least Task Manager to watch the performance on the system to see if anything pops up every 15 minutes which is using resources.

Keep an eye on Processor speed and utilization.  Also the drive usage.  I can't think of anything which goes on a 15 minute time interval, but possibly some setting you have set up such as checking for mail..

Using Resource Monitor would be even better,  but the software/browser you are using could also be involved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

RE: Audio and Video make buzzing noise/stuttering every 15 minutes

Hi, have you resolved this issue yet? I'm having an almost identical problem with my XPS 15. I've had it for over a year, but this just started last week.

0 Kudos