Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

June 26th, 2017 08:00

Audio delay on unpause

Hi so i recently got a new laptop for someone Inspiron 3552, it came with unbunto but i replaced that with

Windows 7 &

Windows 10

in a dual boot.

So when the laptop is attached to a tv using hdmi, if you pause for a few seconds everything is fine, but if you pause for longer then when you unpause the picture starts straight away but the audio takes about 10 seconds before kicking in.

We have two other older laptops running Windows 7 and 10 respectively and they don't have the same issue.

Oddly the issue is present in both operating systems on the new laptop. It uses Realtek same as thee other laptops i have.

Finally while the problem occurs in all the normal players i;ve tried (windows 10 film player, media player and VLC) it doesn't occur with Netflix which i play using Chrome.

I've tried updating every driver i can think of, so any ideas?

Any help much appreciated.

9.4K Posts

June 27th, 2017 04:00

Hi wreade1872,

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried Disabling CPU throttling?

1. Edit your current power plan
2. Go to advanced power settings
3. Under "Processor power management" make sure that your Minimum & Maximum processor states are set to 100%

June 27th, 2017 06:00

Unfortunately no change. I can't understand how this bug can be effecting both the OS's in  my dual boot.

I would think it was a hardware issue but its such a specific and minor problem i don't see how it could be.

The computer came with ubuntu, could the Intel chip have been modified in some way for unbuntu that it will not work properly on windows?

Or could it be something in the BIOS? I downloaded the appropriate BIOS update from Dell but it was the same one installed already.

It must be something more fundamental than a driver issue or i should be able to get at least one of the OS's to work properly :( .

9.4K Posts

June 27th, 2017 07:00

Since the laptop supports Windows 7/8.1/10/Ubuntu. I doubt that the hardware is defective because you did not report the audio delay in Ubuntu. So the culprit may be the Windows audio driver.

Perhaps try testing the Realtek audio driver by uninstalling it and re-installing.

http://dell.to/2udl2hZ

June 27th, 2017 08:00

Unfortunately we replaced Ubuntu very shortly after we got the laptop so i can't be 100% sure it wasn't having the issue then.

As for Realteck, i was told it couldn't be the culprit as the problem only happens when using the HDMI and that the Intel Display Audio was responsible for HDMI.

Nevertheless, all attempts to remove realtek and the Intel Display Audio and reinstalling them have failed to change anything.

9.4K Posts

June 27th, 2017 08:00

Perhaps try letting Intel push all the drivers it thinks it needs rather than installing the Dell Intel drivers.

Then retest =
http://dell.to/2tgbcPg

No Events found!