Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2016 15:00

Audio issues (cracking/static sound)

I recently bought a Dell Laptop but I have noticed that just before I play audio (either a Youtube video or music) and at times just randomly there is a cracking sound. So I will press play and I hear a loud obvious crack sound before the audio begins. Or I will just be using a computer and the cracking/staticy sound happens randomly. I have tried to update the driver but that didn't help and it really is frustrating. Also, it might be worth mentioning that I have only noticed this issue when using headphones. If someone could help, that would be great, thanks! :)

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 23rd, 2016 07:00

Hello. Sorry for the delay. It looks like maybe your post was just moved here [Laptop Audio board] from elsewhere on the forum.

What is the full model name and the operating system of the laptop? I'll look through my notes and see if there is anything about your model.

September 23rd, 2016 12:00

Hi, thank you for responding. My model is Inspiron 13-5368 and the OS name is Microsoft Windows 10 Home.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 24th, 2016 06:00

I don't have any notes on that model.

If the noise only happens while on battery power then it is probably related to battery power saving. If so, check the power management settings.

Some other generic advice: update the BIOS (latest one dated Sept 21, so it's hot off the presses), and check if you have the latest Realtek audio driver. It is Version 6.0.1.7908, Sept 5.

No Events found!