Highlighted
saints4774
Copper

Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

The audio for all media through the speakers will become muffled every few seconds, then revert back to normal quality only to become muffled again. This happens only with the speakers, though, as headphones seem to work fine.

35 Replies

RE: Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

I just bought the laptop today and I'm also having the same problems

ally0220
Copper

RE: Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

I'm experiencing the same problem. I reinstalled the audio driver as prompted by dell tech support but it hasn't done anything to fix the problem. 

0 Kudos
navimban
Copper

I am using Win10 and installed the latest Dell Audio Drivers for Win 10 and I am still hearing the fading in and out of sounds from the speakers.

When I turned off the MaxxAudio Pro Speaker Enhancement, the fading in and out stopped and the default base volume was much lower.

Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
Portela
Copper

I am having the same issue. And apparently it still happens even when I have earphones on.

0 Kudos
Portela
Copper

I think I found a fix!

Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right part of your screen (sorry, can't remember the English name for that) and choose "Playback Devices", so you'll get to the Sound menu. Click on the Communications tab. There you'll find a set of options to "When windows detects communication activity:"

Choose "Do nothing".

This solved for me, hope it helps you guys too. Sorry about my English, I am not a native speaker.

ally0220
Copper

Since the audio driver update did nothing to fix the problem, tech support spent about an hour going through and updating a bunch of things. I wasn't able to keep track of all the tests and changes. 

I just made the change you suggested, and so far no muffling. It was automatically set to reduce the sound by 80%.

I'm exchanging the laptop I purchased both for problems reading the AC adapter and the sound, but I'm glad to have a possible solution if the audio problem is still present of the replacement.

0 Kudos
Ahmedootie
Copper

I am having the same issue on my brand new laptop. I did this and reluctantly it didn't fix it

0 Kudos
Portela
Copper

Yeah, it was probably a coincidence, since today it happened again for me. Which is weird is that now it is way less frequent than before, but I don´t believe that this is connected to the change....

0 Kudos
brl131
Copper

Same thing happening on the inspiron 17 7000 series and inspiron 15.  Maxxaudio seems to be the culprit.

0 Kudos