Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2015 22:00

Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

The audio for all media through the speakers will become muffled every few seconds, then revert back to normal quality only to become muffled again. This happens only with the speakers, though, as headphones seem to work fine.

August 16th, 2015 16:00

I just bought the laptop today and I'm also having the same problems

2 Posts

August 19th, 2015 19:00

I'm experiencing the same problem. I reinstalled the audio driver as prompted by dell tech support but it hasn't done anything to fix the problem. 

1 Message

August 21st, 2015 18:00

I am using Win10 and installed the latest Dell Audio Drivers for Win 10 and I am still hearing the fading in and out of sounds from the speakers.

When I turned off the MaxxAudio Pro Speaker Enhancement, the fading in and out stopped and the default base volume was much lower.

Has anyone found a solution?

3 Posts

August 21st, 2015 23:00

I am having the same issue. And apparently it still happens even when I have earphones on.

3 Posts

August 22nd, 2015 00:00

I think I found a fix!

Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right part of your screen (sorry, can't remember the English name for that) and choose "Playback Devices", so you'll get to the Sound menu. Click on the Communications tab. There you'll find a set of options to "When windows detects communication activity:"

Choose "Do nothing".

This solved for me, hope it helps you guys too. Sorry about my English, I am not a native speaker.

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2015 11:00

Since the audio driver update did nothing to fix the problem, tech support spent about an hour going through and updating a bunch of things. I wasn't able to keep track of all the tests and changes. 

I just made the change you suggested, and so far no muffling. It was automatically set to reduce the sound by 80%.

I'm exchanging the laptop I purchased both for problems reading the AC adapter and the sound, but I'm glad to have a possible solution if the audio problem is still present of the replacement.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2015 15:00

I am having the same issue on my brand new laptop. I did this and reluctantly it didn't fix it

3 Posts

August 24th, 2015 18:00

Yeah, it was probably a coincidence, since today it happened again for me. Which is weird is that now it is way less frequent than before, but I don´t believe that this is connected to the change....

4 Posts

August 25th, 2015 09:00

Same thing happening on the inspiron 17 7000 series and inspiron 15.  Maxxaudio seems to be the culprit.

4 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 22:00

yea I returned 2 different models.....13 inch with i3 processor.  got the i5 model now. thought it was the speakers but tech support removed Dell Audio software and drivers and reinstalled. changed several settings and still the same. with Maxx audio pro turned on.....the volume fades in and out. have to disable and turn it off for it to stop.

*** because the volume is low with Maxx audio turned off.

4 Posts

September 3rd, 2015 12:00

I kept maxxaudio on but if you go into advanced settings try unchecking Maxxvolume.  I think that stopped the annoying sound changes and my speakers are still fairly loud.  If not, try also unchecking Maxxleveler.  I'll confirm what I have set tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure what I have unchecked.

2 Posts

September 9th, 2015 13:00

Hi,

I tried it and it didnt do too much. any other fixes?

thanks.

September 26th, 2015 17:00

Did anyone find a solution to this?  I have tried checking the Do Nothing box and unchecking the MAXX boxes and nothing seems to stop the volume changes.  Seems to be the worst while streaming video.

Inspiron 13 7000 series 2 in 1.  MaxxAudio Pro Speaker Enhancement sound issue

2 Posts

September 26th, 2015 19:00

I was having the same issue, however when I played files from the local drive they played just fine.

I had a similar issue on a different Dell product.  My Dell Venu 11 would drop network connectivity and I had to restart it to gain network access again.

Since local audio played fine and I only had the issue when streaming audio, I thought I would troubleshoot this as a network issue.

I found this article http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19528269 and it seemed to help.  

Let me know if you have any success with this.

4 Posts

September 27th, 2015 02:00

I wonder if there is some kind of interference.  Did you try it using wired ethernet?

No Events found!