Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2015 22:00

Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

The audio for all media through the speakers will become muffled every few seconds, then revert back to normal quality only to become muffled again. This happens only with the speakers, though, as headphones seem to work fine.

4 Posts

September 27th, 2015 06:00

not a network problem for me.....i have saved movies on my HDD and when i play them, same issue.  points to the Maxxaudio software integrated with Dell.  It works fine when it is disabled.

1 Message

September 28th, 2015 13:00

This definitely works. Thank You Portella

2 Posts

September 28th, 2015 20:00

I thought of it being interference, but I have a Latitude that had no problems when streaming wireless.

As a followup, I found a USB wireless adapter on Amazon for less than 10$.  I disabled the on board wireless adapter and added the USB one.  Presto, chango, no more issues.

The moral of my story is if you have muffled audio and it only occurs when streaming then it may be a network issue.  If ANYONE tells you that you need to reset your computer, you may want to invest 10$ in a new network device to see if it resolves your issue.  It worked for me.  Unfortunately I have had this difficulty with the last 2 Dell products I purchased.  The Venu 11 pro and the Inspiron 13 7000.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2015 22:00

I was having the same issue with my Dell Inspiron 3450 sound fading in and out when streaming video's etc and on Facebook. The resolution was that I downloaded the Realtek ALC3234 Audio Driver from the Dell Driver Download site.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2015 22:00

Download the Realtek ALC3234 Audio Drivers for your specified laptop model from Dell Driver Downloads page and it will correct your issue.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2015 12:00

That doesn't help.  This is windows 10 which, if you have maxxaudio, you more than likely downloaded the drivers from dell.  A complete reinstall of windows 10 to be exact is what you should be doing to mitigate any residual windows 7/8 to 10 migration.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2015 12:00

yea that didn't work.  it seems like it doesn't happen as frequent like before.....but it goes in and out still.

1 Message

October 23rd, 2015 00:00

I've had this same problem since August. I ended up returning it twice because I thought the Costco I bought it at just had a bad batch, and on my third one, it still has this problem. Called customer support, they couldn't help me.. and another said just to wait it out. I really hope they get an update soon solving this cause I can't return this laptop anymore :emotion-6:

100 Posts

October 24th, 2015 23:00

Updated Audio drivers to latest released mid October, but issue still persists.  It's definitely the MaxxAudio Pro software.  Disabling stops the issue.

I enabled the Equalizer and disabled MaxxAudio at this time. 

2 Posts

November 20th, 2015 01:00

I absolutely don't understand why no Dell official is addressing this problem. I just returned a Dell Inspiron 7348 to the store because of this problem. Tech support had no idea what's causing it, reinstalled a ton of drivers and even tried to replace my mother board (which I didn't approved since the laptop was 2 weeks old). When I noticed the problem persist even in the second laptop I received, I searched enough to get to this discussion.

Just disabled the MaxxAudio thing and I hope this will fix it. But the fact that a Dell official did not address this issue until now is right down infuriating.

13 Posts

January 15th, 2016 21:00

the problem is with MAXX audio software which hasn't been tested on windows 10 platforms. I tested the updated version on windows 8.1 and did not have any of these issues and on 10 audio continuously fades in and out.

Work around is to install Realtek audio driver from Realtek under windows 8.1 compatibility settings which at least reduces this level of disturbances.

January 15th, 2016 22:00

I will try that thanks.  Looking forward to an update.

13 Posts

The software is updated to windows 10 but does not fix this issue and I did give how to resolve it temporarily. Also one of dell support did mention me that the software will be updated addressing this issue without any time frame.

I would like to tell you that inspiron 7348 models come preinstalled with windows 8.1 but dell started selling it with 10 as consumers would like to have an updated OS so chances they forgot to test whether their software would work properly on windows 10( remember I said maxx audio works without problems if installed with windows 8.1 compatibility settings)

I don't get it.  Dell sells a product with drivers not tested on windows 10.  The 2 in 1 I bought had Windows 10 installed from Dell.  I assumed this issue would be temporary since Dell or even Maxx Audio would see there is an issue and put out a software update to fix it.  Sounds like this is not the case.  

1 Message

January 16th, 2016 15:00

I'm havingalmost the same problem except for the headphones work well mine don't it still fades (I'm having problems with keyboard too as u can see my space bar desnt work to well but that's not what I'm here for)

No Events found!