GINATECH
1 Copper

RE: Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

Download the Realtek ALC3234 Audio Drivers for your specified laptop model from Dell Driver Downloads page and it will correct your issue.

0 Kudos
mrcheeksnj
1 Copper

RE: Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

yea that didn't work.  it seems like it doesn't happen as frequent like before.....but it goes in and out still.

0 Kudos
brl131
1 Copper

That doesn't help.  This is windows 10 which, if you have maxxaudio, you more than likely downloaded the drivers from dell.  A complete reinstall of windows 10 to be exact is what you should be doing to mitigate any residual windows 7/8 to 10 migration.

0 Kudos
samyd104
1 Copper

I've had this same problem since August. I ended up returning it twice because I thought the Costco I bought it at just had a bad batch, and on my third one, it still has this problem. Called customer support, they couldn't help me.. and another said just to wait it out. I really hope they get an update soon solving this cause I can't return this laptop anymore 

0 Kudos
su_A_ve
2 Iron

Updated Audio drivers to latest released mid October, but issue still persists.  It's definitely the MaxxAudio Pro software.  Disabling stops the issue.

I enabled the Equalizer and disabled MaxxAudio at this time. 

0 Kudos
Or Sarig
1 Copper

I absolutely don't understand why no Dell official is addressing this problem. I just returned a Dell Inspiron 7348 to the store because of this problem. Tech support had no idea what's causing it, reinstalled a ton of drivers and even tried to replace my mother board (which I didn't approved since the laptop was 2 weeks old). When I noticed the problem persist even in the second laptop I received, I searched enough to get to this discussion.

Just disabled the MaxxAudio thing and I hope this will fix it. But the fact that a Dell official did not address this issue until now is right down infuriating.

akhilharihar
1 Nickel

the problem is with MAXX audio software which hasn't been tested on windows 10 platforms. I tested the updated version on windows 8.1 and did not have any of these issues and on 10 audio continuously fades in and out.

Work around is to install Realtek audio driver from Realtek under windows 8.1 compatibility settings which at least reduces this level of disturbances.

0 Kudos
kilowatt_74
1 Copper

I don't get it.  Dell sells a product with drivers not tested on windows 10.  The 2 in 1 I bought had Windows 10 installed from Dell.  I assumed this issue would be temporary since Dell or even Maxx Audio would see there is an issue and put out a software update to fix it.  Sounds like this is not the case.  

0 Kudos
akhilharihar
1 Nickel

The software is updated to windows 10 but does not fix this issue and I did give how to resolve it temporarily. Also one of dell support did mention me that the software will be updated addressing this issue without any time frame.

I would like to tell you that inspiron 7348 models come preinstalled with windows 8.1 but dell started selling it with 10 as consumers would like to have an updated OS so chances they forgot to test whether their software would work properly on windows 10( remember I said maxx audio works without problems if installed with windows 8.1 compatibility settings)

0 Kudos
kilowatt_74
1 Copper

I will try that thanks.  Looking forward to an update.

0 Kudos