Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2015 03:00

Audio video players have intermittent buzzing/freeze for 1-2 sec - Dell Vostro 5470 Win 8.1

Help - all devices playing audio / video have intermittent buzzing and video freeze on my new Dell Vostro 5470 Win 8.1 system. This occurs with Windows Media player, various audio players, even in Skype!

I see posts about removing Dell support center etc. that is not the answer that users should have to live with - Dell?????

February 20th, 2015 04:00

I have a XPS 17 (L702X, Early 2011) and removed Dell Assist. This resolved this issue.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 22nd, 2015 08:00

I cannot download the fix. I get " Access Denied" message. How can I overcome it?

Hello. Here is what has happened so far:

> Around Feb 10 -- Dell released the buggy SupportAssist software

> Feb 12 -- forum member wildmanyeah posted a solution, to remove SupportAssist and Support Agent

> Around Feb 17 a Dell employee Aniruddha S began posting invitations for people to e-mail him or her a request for a "hotfix". He/she indicated that it was to be tested that way before release for "wide distribution", so it sounds like a beta version.

> a Dell moderator, Chris M, posted a link on the Alienware Club board to the hotfix.

> On Feb 18 another forum moderator, Terry B, posted a link on this board to Chris M's link.

> Then I posted a link in this thread to Chris M's link.

> A day or so later Chris M changed his post to say "Pending", and removed his link to the hotfix.

> Then Chris M edited my post removed my link, but Terry B's link is still up and unchanged.

> Feb 22 in the a.m., if you click on Terry B's link to Chris M's post, now it says "Access Denied".

Who know what's going on with Dell. I'd say either intramural infighting or buggy "hotfix", so for now your best bet is to remove SupportAssist.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 22nd, 2015 19:00

Is there anyway you can share this information with me;

While you are waiting for Dell to get out a solution to the issue caused by SupportAssist, you can go into Control Panel>Programs & Features and look for Dell SupportAssist and Dell Support Agent and remove both programs.

Literally dozens of people have posted saying that doing that fixed the problem, but a few have said it did not fix it for them.

9 Posts

February 26th, 2015 12:00

Wow, uninstalling these components seems to have fixed the extremely annoying intermittent buzzing that started up recently.  

Thanks!  I searched all over trying to figure out what happened, but this appears to be the problem.  Much appreciated.

Keith

1 Message

February 27th, 2015 04:00

I have a Vostro.  I removed Dell Assist as well, it resolved the problem.  :emotion-2:

5 Posts

March 4th, 2015 08:00

I too have had this annoying problem that started in the last month. I attempted solution searches of the Internet without any success. Tried changing numerous audio settings and disabling enhanced sound effects without success. Downloaded newer drivers, still no success.

I was thinking that it must be a hardware problem and was contemplating replacing the sound system or laptop. Then I see this thread and uninstall both Dell support assist programs and voila, problem solved.

The suspicious part of me wonders how Dell could allow this problem to continue... I was seriously thinking about throwing money at this problem and it was a software problem directly traceable to Dell. Hmmmm...

• 

36 Posts

February 17th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

I will be happy to help you address this issue. Can you please tell me how we can contact you to work through it together? Either email or phone will work.

You are right, removing Dell Support Center is not the answer. We have identified the issue and a fix  has now been developed and successfully tested internally, however we feel it important at this time to assist customers with this hotfix to ensure it addresses the problems they are seeing in their particular configurations before posting the fix for wide distribution.

We have already contacted a number of customers who reported the issue on this forum and thus far, results have been positive.  If you would like us to work with you to implement this hotfix, please place a reply into this forum or email me personally and we’ll contact you as quickly as possible.

Regards
Aniruddha S

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 17th, 2015 11:00

I have the same problem with my laptop. I would like to get the fix and contribute to solution.

February 17th, 2015 11:00

same here tried uninstalling recent updates and programs //somethings clashing somewhere!!

:emotion-12:

1 Message

February 17th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

I also have the same annoying problem for a couple of days and I am willing to help for any kind of solution.

Özer

4 Posts

February 17th, 2015 15:00

I have had this buzz/free audio problem starting this past week when updates happened.  You say you have a fix?  Please reply and let me know what to do.  Thank you!

1 Message

February 17th, 2015 16:00

I have the same issue. Email id removed per privacy policy>

2 Posts

February 17th, 2015 17:00

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, but in Windows 7.  It seems to have started within the last week.  Please contact me by email at  Email id removed per privacy policy>

2 Posts

February 17th, 2015 17:00

Aniruddha, what is your email  to contact you?

February 18th, 2015 15:00

Email id removed per privacy policy>    cheers...///

No Events found!