Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

1 Message

January 10th, 2009 20:00

B120 Memory Problem - Help Needed

Hi all, could use some help. I've been noticing poor performance on my B120, so ran some diagnostics and it is only reporting that I have 503MB of RAM. Nopw that's a strange number for one thing. My system is pretty old, and I tried to look up the original config using my service tag but it doesn't show memory purchased.  I thought I bought 1GB, but maybe only 512MB. Two questions: What was the original amount of RAM, and what could cause XP to be reporting less than that now? Thanks, Dean

1 Message

February 23rd, 2009 21:00

I have the same question.  I installed two 1 GB memory cards (total: 2 GB) into my Dell Inspirion 8600 but the XP operating system states there is only 1.25 GB in internal memory.  What happened to the remaining .75 GB to total the 2 GB I purchased?  I called the store where I bought it. The salesman in the Components Dept. Said that the memory may have been used up. Which sounds illlogical. Because before I installed the cards my XP reported that it had 512 KB which is exactly what I removed before installing the 2GB cards. So he suggested I bring back the cards to store because they may be defective. This may be your answer too. But I haven't brought them back for an exchange yet so if you find another reply with a better answer please send it my way so I can try out that persons solution. 

Thanks,

User: RafaelNicole

No Events found!