Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2016 14:00

BATTERY CHARGING PROBLEM (BATTERY NOT IDENTIFIED)

For quite some time now i am having a problem with my battery not charging.

My laptop model is "DELL INSPIRON 15R SE 7520" running "Windows 8.1".

Sometimes when i Switch ON my laptop i receive an error saying
"WARNING: The battery cannot be identified. The system will be unable to charge this battery.
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup utility."
And when i press F1 computer starts normally but it doesn't take the charge from the adapter.

And sometimes it would just start normally without any warning. It accepts the charging and everything goes well.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:

1. Purchased a new battery "DELL ORIGINAL 6 CELL Li-Ion Battery".(old one was a 4 CELL battery).
  2. Tried using 2-3 different adapters of the same model but no luck.
  3. Tried using 2-3 different batteries(all 6 CELL as no 4 CELL battery is available in the market nearby). This too didn't work.
  4. Tried removing the battery and using computer with only power adapter connected. Doesn't give any message and worked properly.
  5. Tried using laptop with only battery having some charge in it. Gives the warning on startup. And won't charge if adapter is connected(shows plugged in,not charging).
  6. Tried updating the BIOS driver.
  7. Running hardware diagnostics when receiving the warning at startup gives:
    Error Code- 2000-0132
    Validation- 115087
    Msg: Battery- The battery is reaching end of its usable life.
  8. Running hardware diagnostics when no warning appears at startup give:
    All tests passed.

So, can anyone suggest what might be the problem?
Or what else can i try to fix this issue?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 16th, 2016 16:00

If you've tried multiple adapters and batteries to no effect, the only thing left is that the mainboard is bad.

2K Posts

July 17th, 2016 17:00

Hi LOVEY1706,

As advised by ejn63, if you have tested different batteries and adapters and the battery still would not charge, the motherboard might be at fault.

If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) and we could arrange for a service call. If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!