Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 20th, 2016 10:00

BCD problem, out of solutions

A few days ago I updated my windows 10 next boot it took a longer time, but I disregarded that. Next boot it gave me a blue screen saying that BCD has an error in it, error message 0xc000000d. I tried using refresh, and a restore point but to no avail. Refresh can't take effect and restore point can't detect an OS. I tried bootrec: bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /rebuildbcd. The first two worked but didn't take effect but the other two didn't work. I tried switching to Legacy boot and switching from Raid to AHCI and back. I got a new error this time. Its still BCD but it's 0xc0000098. I can actually access C:\ now but everything is corrupt and the Intel Manager in Legacy boot says that my SSD is disabled. I tried every forum I can find to no avail. Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem?

My specs:

Alienware M17X R1

Intel i7-4700MQ

nVidia GeForce GTX765M

Windows 10

Don't know the rest

4 Posts

September 25th, 2016 22:00

Its okay, I just ended up having to reinstall Windows. The reason being that I got a sATA to USB cable and hooked it up toba second computer. Tried to read the hard drive. All corrupt

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 20th, 2016 15:00

Have you run a full hard drive diagnostic to rule out a bad drive?

F12 at powerup.

380 Posts

September 20th, 2016 17:00

You have several options:

1. Try a "Startup Repair" using a Media Creation Tool generated USB installation disk or a Windows 10 Recovery Drive (if you created one). You can boot using these drives and use the Troubleshooting options to attempt a repair.

2. Macrium Reflect backup software has an option to create a bootable USB/CD version of it. That version has an option to repair the boot record. You can create the bootable media on another system and use it on any other system.

JohnD

4 Posts

September 21st, 2016 12:00

Yes, even the enhanced test. Everything passed with flying colours

2K Posts

September 25th, 2016 20:00

Hi COMPX,

Use the OS media and run the BCD commands again - http://dell.to/29yIbED

When using the media - it might pick up x: sources, ensure you run the commands on both x: and then change the parameter to c:\ and run the bcd commands again. This will help restore the active partition.

If this does not work, then try the DISM commands - http://bit.ly/23cHvvp

If nothing works, then you might need to reinstall the OS on the system.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!