Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2009 03:00

BEWARE DELL OUTLET!!!

O.K., perhaps I shouldn't shout but I am really angry at the moment.

My XPS M1530 has just turned up and was inadequately packed.

Consequently, although the flimsy cardboard box looked O.K. from the outside when I unpacked it the polystyrene case with the laptop inside was broken.

'Real' Dell PCs arrive in sturdy cardboard cartons with an air gap between the box and the internal packing (as with most fragile electonic devices).

I know because my bother in law and daughter have both bought Dell laptops in the last year.

I am sure that Dell will repair or replace the laptop, but I am now going to have to go through a load of grief arranging all this, and meanwhile I am without my new laptop.

This is a crazy way to ship a laptop - the cost of a proper Dell box to protect the laptop must be trivial compared to the cost of repair and replacement due to damage in transit.

The damage? The screen is cracked in several places and unusable.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LGC

1.1K Posts

April 24th, 2009 06:00

I understand your anger.  Sometimes damage can occur in shipping.  It's unfortunate when it happens to you but it does happen.  I can sympathize, but not empathize as I have ordered 4 Dell Outlet pcs and all arrived properly package and in great working order.

I hope that you can get this fixed ASAP.   I would contact Dell ASAP and advise them of the situation.  Maybe they'll ship a new PC and in a few days you'll get it and then you can ship the old one back.

April 27th, 2009 07:00

After a bit of a struggle with the automated front end to the telephone system I got through to some nice people in Outlet Sales and Customer Services in Ireland.

They have arranged for the broken laptop to be collected and I have email confirmation that a replacement system is on the way.

I  am assured that the Dell Outlet laptops should be shipped just like brand new laptops and they are investigating with the carrier to find out what went wrong in this particular case.

If I can find an appropriate email address I will send them some pictures of the packaging just so they can see how bad it was.

Cheers

LGC

No Events found!