Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2012 14:00

BIOS PASSWORD

hello everyone,

I am a new member in this forum and i would like to raise a problematic issue about BIOS PASSWOR of DELL Latitude E6400.

the problem is that  the bios is password protected and i cannt find it. plz how can I find the password or just remove it or any other suggestion.

thank you in advance

September 27th, 2012 14:00

Hi westwind2012,

To find out the BIOS password, I need more information about your laptop. I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my request and reply through a private message with the following information:
1. System 'Service Tag'
2. Account Holder's name

Do reply with these details. I will be able to pull up your computer's details and will help you with the BIOS password.

October 1st, 2012 11:00

Hi westwind2012,

As I mentioned, BIOS password is a sensitive piece of information; so to be able to share that, I would need the account holder's information for verification purpose.

You may want to explore few options to confirm purchase information of the laptop:
- Did you purchase the laptop from a retail store? If yes, do you have the store's name? If no, please try to contact them for the details.
- Do you have any invoice for the laptop purchased?
- If it was a used laptop, try contacting the original owner and acquire the details?

Once we have the information verified, I would be glad to process the request. I hope you understand; this is for the security of the account that we need to verify details. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

No Events found!