Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2017 05:00

BIOS Password Reset

Please!!! Need help ASAP! OK, so quick backstory. About a year ago my Dell Inspiron 15 was stolen from someone I knew that is now is jail. I got it back a couple of months after it was stolen. I went to boot it up and sign in but all that popped up was a black screen with a blue rectangle in the middle saying "Enter Current Password". I didn't know the password as I never set one. I contacted relatives  of his that I knew and they gave me the 3 passwords he usually uses.  None of them worked. Idk if he tried to wipe the hard-drive or what.  I assume he was planning on selling it. After that I kinda put it aside for awhile because I didn't  really need a laptop at the time. But 10 months later and now I REALLY need it because I'm starting school soon. I don't care if I lose everything on it, just need it to work again.  Based on my research I think my BIOS needs to be reset.  Can a Dell expert please help me? It would REALLY be appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2017 08:00

You need to place a voice call to Dell support -- be prepared to verify your ownership of the system (that will be required before the master password is provided to you).

367 Posts

November 13th, 2017 20:00

Have you tried bios-pw? It works and is free.

2 Posts

November 14th, 2017 05:00

What is that?

367 Posts

November 15th, 2017 16:00

bois-pw is a website that can give you the master key for any dell bios as soon as you provide the service tag. The site was made by some russians who made an algorithm that can use calculations off the service tag to give you the master key.

No Events found!