Highlighted
SimonDM74
1 Copper

BIOS Update failure: Dell XPS 13 9350 1.4.15

Hi,

looking for assistance after a BIOS update on my XPS 13 9350 failed. I followed the normal procedure and was running the update exe from Windows. Same procedure as used many times before.

During the update the laptop rebooted, but will not restart.

Attempting to power on normally results in the front light sequence of 2 x Orange + 2 x White

An attempt to enter BIOS recovery (ctr+Esc when inserting power) results in a front light sequence of 3 x Orange + 4 x White.

Any help appreciated.

Simon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: BIOS Update failure: Dell XPS 13 9350 1.4.15

Reset the system:  unplug the system, remove the base cover, disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.   Reconnect the battery and plug in the system.

Try powering up again and entering recovery.  If you can get that far, re-try the recovery procedure.

If you cannot, the mainboard is bad and will need to be replaced.

0 Kudos
SimonDM74
1 Copper

RE: BIOS Update failure: Dell XPS 13 9350 1.4.15

Thanks for the advice.

I'm I still getting the the same behaviour following the suggested reset.

I bought this in Oct 15 and it has already been back for warranty repair twice for various problems. One required a mob replacement from what I recall. It is now 5 months out of warranty. From previous experience I anticipate problems with Dell.  Let's see how things go, but me enthusiasm and willingness to recommend Dell is being tested.

0 Kudos