Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

October 21st, 2008 20:00

BIOS password no longer working or the dell admin master /password I got from dell.

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone has had this problem before. Turned my m1710 laptop on one morning and it would not accept my BIOS password which I did not forget because I am using it 2 years and also use the same password on my other laptop. Any waythat no longer works so I rang dell call centre who gave me a password told me to enter  it then press control and enter twice no joy. So got another password of dell and the same thing so waiting for them to come up with another solution. Any one ever had this problem? How can it be resolved?? One other thing that might be worth noteing is it take like 2 mins to get to the BIOS it starts up by saying invalid configuration - please run set up program then the bios password screen. I think this might be happening becuse I removed the battery and put it back thinking it would reset the password. Dell C/S are telling me to ,ake sure num lock and caps light is n but I am sure use all know as well as I do that you dont have that option when at the bios password screen which leads me to think they dont have a clue and there no way a virus could mess with a bios I think so I am lost not any help would be great!!

Message Edited by dssherwin on 10-21-2008 04:17 PM

18 Posts

October 22nd, 2008 22:00

Try plugging a PS2 keyboard in to it, your KB may be faulty and giving an incorrect input.

73 Posts

October 29th, 2008 04:00

good thought!
No Events found!