Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2011 17:00

BSOD: 0x00000050 Inspiron 640m/ E1405

Today while downloading a music .zip file and freeing up space on my hard drive..I suddenly encountered the blue screen of death.
Im in urgent need of assistance.

• I havent installed any new hardware at all.
  • No viruses were present before the BSOD or after  ran numerous scans in safe mode following the BSOD.
  • I have a very generous amount of disk space available.
  • My video drivers (Mobile Intel 945 Chipset Family) are updated with the latest version.

Any solutions on how to fix this issue?

All feedback is appreciated.Thank you.

3.8K Posts

September 21st, 2011 02:00

Hi Stevel,

Welcome to the Community. It could be an issue with the video adapter/memory or a Virus. I suggest you uninstall your video driver and then reinstall it from the support site. To uninstall, click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the + symbol next to display adapters, right click on on the Intel Driver and click on uninstall, once its uninstalled use the below link to install it. Select your opearting system before installing, the Intel video drivers is under Video. If this does not work I suggest you run a scan on your computer using malwarebytes available on the internet.

support.dell.com/.../driverslist.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 21st, 2011 05:00

STOP: 0x00000050 (0x8872A990, 0x00000001, 0x804F35D7, 0x00000000)

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON-PAGED_AREA

To resolve this problem, start your computer in Safe mode, remove the display adapter, rename the .inf files that are associated with the display adapter drivers, restart your computer in Normal mode, and then update your display adapter drivers.

Error message when you start a Windows Vista-based computer ...

The computer may automatically restart, or you may receive a ...

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 21st, 2011 05:00

Other thing to check on an older system like this one:  run a full (extended) hard drive diagnostic.  The system is reaching the age where hard drives begin to fail in large numbers.  F12 at powerup.

6 Posts

September 21st, 2011 11:00

Thank you all for the suggestions. i will run the diagnostic.

Ok.I was thinking to do so.But only problme is  I have two display adapters.Do I delete one or both?

Also @ Dell Royan are you refering to the "intel 945 GM" driver in the video section?

Also while using kasperspy its located a threat title "mpfilter.sys" which is Microsoft Security Essentials I think.

After removing that threat//after a couple restarts my computer went back to normal mode..but then suddenly encountered a fake virus scanner for some reasonSo went back to safe mode..removed the viruses (6) and tried again..Blue screen again. Should I get rid of Microsfot Security Essentials?

I use malwarebytes..only showed viruses that one time(previously stated).Besides that..no viruses at all.

6 Posts

September 21st, 2011 11:00

Also @SpeedStep:

After I do uninstall the driver(s)..where do I find the.inf files and what should i rename them too?

No Events found!