This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2013 17:00

BSOD, can't figure out what to do

I've tried all the things I can think of, I'm not super good with this stuff

On Thu 9/12/2013 9:06:25 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091213-6380-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netwsw00.sys (Netwsw00+0x3D472)
Bugcheck code: 0xDEADDEAD (0xF010012, 0x125025B, 0x12BC22CE, 0x68EC005E)
Error: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netwsw00.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the user deliberately initiated a crash dump from either the kernel debugger or the keyboard.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwsw00.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1

^- this is what I got from WhoCrashed, but I can't find any updates for any wireless drivers, though one with that exact name isn't on the list...can anyone help? If you need more information, tell me what to get and how, the crashes seem to happen completely at random so I'm at a loss >:

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 13th, 2013 18:00

Hi Meiberu,

I suggest you to uninstall the Wireless card drivers, restart the computer and reinstall it by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Type “Device Manager” in the search box and select it.
  3. Expand the “Network Adapters”.
  4. Right Click Wireless card listed and select Uninstall and ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Click this link: http://dell.to/163ynGV
  8. Click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.
  9. Run the downloaded file and restart the system.

Check the functionality of the system and post the results.

4 Posts

September 12th, 2013 18:00

Alienware M18x R2 with Windows 7 Home
The issues started about a week ago, but I can't think of any specific new installations I made or changes or anything like that. I tested the hard drive yesterday and it seems to be okay as well. I updated every driver I could find that needs it, ran virus scans and CCleaner, updated the computer itself...so I'm out of ideas now >: any help would be very appreciated

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 12th, 2013 18:00

Hi Meiberu,

Sorry about the situation, I would like to know the system model and operating installed. I will check for the right drivers and assist you further.

Awaiting your response!

4 Posts

September 13th, 2013 16:00

It crashed again :c

On Fri 9/13/2013 10:32:35 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091313-13150-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netwsw00.sys (Netwsw00+0x3D472)
Bugcheck code: 0xDEADDEAD (0xF010012, 0x125025B, 0x12BC22CE, 0x68EC005E)
Error: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netwsw00.sys
product: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the user deliberately initiated a crash dump from either the kernel debugger or the keyboard.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netwsw00.sys (Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1

4 Posts

September 16th, 2013 22:00

After a few days there have been no crashes. Your solution fixed it, thank you so much!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 17th, 2013 17:00

Hi Meiberu,

Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!