Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

October 30th, 2016 06:00

BSOD generated by driver bcmwl64.sys DELL wireless 1550 Precision M6800

Hi ,

i 've a DELL Precision M6800 with windows 10. 
I get blue screen if i use wireless connection. Wireless adapter is DELL 1550.
The driver is updated 7.35.333 (the latest available) . No change in configuration and no new hardware installed.
Tried to downgrade the driver but same result...
How can i solve this ? 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 1st, 2016 10:00

Thank you for your message.

Does the computer restart or shut down after this blue screen error?

Please open device manager- expand wireless adapter- right click on the driver & click on uninstall (Do not delete driver)

Update bios & make sure that all Windows updates are completed

Please try another network & check if the issue persists.

4 Posts

November 1st, 2016 14:00

Hi Ramesh , thanks for answer.

The computer restarts and show a blue screen with repair options that leads me to nowhere..

F8 , F9 ,F10 options are shown on the screen but i have to power down the pc.

Windows Updates was completed before (the windows build is 1607 ) and bios was already updated to A16 version (the most recent).

I 'm done uninstalling without removing files. After reboot i found wireless adapter in the device list with the same version number.

This is a test that i've already done before posting on this forum. From 1 hour until now the pc is working but this is not the assurance that the it will work from now on. BSOD seems to happen without a regular timing..

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2016 10:00

Thank you for your response. Please share the exact blue screen error message you get.

Does this happen if you are connected wired?

If the blue screen pops up again, try disabling all the startup items including the antivirus & check the functionality.

If the system works fine, try enable startup items 2 at a time & check the status.

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 11:00

Hi Ramesh,

the BSOD message is: The computer encountered  a problem and must be reboot ( translate from italian..) etc etc ..

From Yesterday i had no error..

but before posting here i get 2 types of  the error code:

With the latest wireless driver i get a blue screen that mention the bcmwl64a.sys .

When i installed the previous version of the Dell wifi  i get  : PAGE_FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA.

Working wired was fine and i get no problem.

If the blue screen pops again i will let you know..

Thanks a lot for support.

Roberto

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 3rd, 2016 10:00

This seems to be an error caused with the driver version.

We would recommend you to install the latest driver & update bios along with the chipset driver.

Try to disable all startup items & check if the issue persists.

Enable 2 startup items at a time & check if there is any blue screen when connected to wireless.

No Events found!