Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 16:00

Bad product and warranty: Pro-support Inspiron laptop

Once again I have been having problems with a new Inspiron laptop that I purchased approx 3 months ago. The Dell technicians have come out to my place 4 times (reinstalled the OS and replaced parts) and I have rung Dell Pro-support several times to resolve the issues but it keeps on having problems, so I myself have had to do plenty of research into what is going on with this computer, I have come up with some fixes, updates, patches and drivers on a trial and error approach into this faulty product and fix some of the problems, even though I have Pro-support. If I can achieve this without any training than the Dell technicians should be able to do better at the very least inform me of a solution and what I need to do. I understand keeping it up to date and getting drivers is my responsibility. When a new system has as many problems as this from day one it needs to be fixed properly Dell should be disgusted and ashamed in itself for not been able to fix its own product. The pro-support people should have a better idea of what they're doing. Dell should put there technicians though better training and not to rely on there customers to fix the problems, I relied on Dell by buying the pro-support. This is a very disappointing experience, I would have believed that Dell being a multi-national company and selling millions of products would look after its customers in a much better way. I have ask for a replacement but have a not received a direct reply to this request as all I got was this;

"Normally the drivers would need the end-user to install it as the onsite technician job scope is to reimage the OS and you may need to contact the technical support team again for the drivers installation. As for the software, you may need to install it back again once you have installed all the necessary drivers."

Kind regards

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 4th, 2015 19:00

Hi jkebel,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please private message us the system service tag so that I could check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!