Highlighted
Flotta
1 Copper

Battery Failure.

Hello.

I have an Asus X550L laptop. Recently my battery life went from four hours to roughly two hours only. I did not like it so I ended up ordering another battery. 
Link of where I got the battery: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx
After I got the battery, the instruction told me to calibrate it, so here is what happened.
>Charged to 100%.
>Used my laptop until it automatically turns off.
>Charge again.
... Repeat.
Here's a few problems.
1. After my laptop died and I plug in the charger, I started using my laptop as it's charging.
2. The first two times, when it hit low battery status, it actually warn me about the low battery.
HOWEVER, starting the third time, the laptop just shuts off on its own. Then new problems arise.
1. The battery won't charge up to 100% anymore.
2. Automatically shuts off at around 35-40% battery.
I tried to change the battery plan settings and such, but nothing worked. I then tried my old battery again. I realized that although the battery life is short, but my old battery actually charges up to 100%, and it gives me low battery warning at 10%, instead of shutting off randomly.
I don't think it's the laptop overheating or too dirty since my old battery works perfectly fine. 
Help please!
Thank you!
1 Reply
Highlighted
DELL-Akshatha M
4 Tellurium

RE: Battery Failure.

Hi FLOTTA,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

If you have a Dell laptop, please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

If you have a Asus Laptop, you will have to contact Asus Computers for advise on this issue.

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads