Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

J

5 Posts

August 31st, 2007 03:00

Battery Management Utility

Hi, I just reinstalled my Inspiron 6400 (E1505?) with a full format of the hard drive. i have been able to reinstall most of the drivers and utilities, but i am missing the batter management utility (the one that displays either a battery in varying levels of discharge or a power plug in the notification area (beside the clock on the taskbar). where can i find this utility to install?

5 Posts

August 31st, 2007 03:00

In addition to not being able to see the charge percentage of my batter, I am also without the ability to hibernate my computer. Are these problems linked?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 31st, 2007 20:00

Did you install the chipset driver and Dell notebook system software?

5 Posts

August 31st, 2007 22:00

how do i check if i have installed the chipset? when i go into device manager, everything looks good except for "other devices - Base System Device" of which there are three and "other devices - SM Bus Controller". is that what it is? unfortunately the dell support CD sent to me is only for vista and i am now past the tech support period

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 1st, 2007 01:00

You haven't installed the chipset driver and notebook system software.

5 Posts

September 1st, 2007 20:00

thanks for your help so far, I have discovered the power management utility and can initiate hibernate with the Fn + F1 keys, however, it is still missing fromt the start menu - shut down options, and when hibernate is initated, the computer displays the windows "preparing to hibernate" then immediately displays the blue screen of death. what can i do? i use hibernate very often and find it very useful and would like to have it back.
No Events found!