Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2017 15:00

Battery Plugged in Not Charging After 60% (New Dell Inspiron 15 5578 2-in-1 Laptop)

I have recently purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15 5578 2-in-1 Laptop. When I plugin the charger, the battery is only charging upto 60% and after that it says not charging.

I have tried to install the Dell Quickset software and changed the settings in battery management software and tried all the ways I found in forums. Still I am having the same issue.

Can anyone had the same issue & solved it.

Please help me to find out the solution for this.

2K Posts

February 25th, 2017 12:00

Hi MDKISHORE,

Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?

Restart the system and press f2 on startup to enter BIOS - go to Power Management and under Primary Battery charge configuration -> check if there is a custom charge stop set. 

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1n3X2po  - enter the service tag and download the BIOS, update and restart the machine and check.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

2K Posts

March 6th, 2017 14:00

Hi Kishore,

Thank you for the update.

Kindly confirm if there is a custom battery stop charge set in BIOS. Please post a screenshot.

Also, private message me the service tag, so I could review the warranty info for you.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

4 Posts

March 6th, 2017 14:00

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your response.

I have already tried the stuff you mentioned. I have ran the diagnostics and no errors encountered.

Can you please let me know, what could be the issue with the battery charge and how to fix it.

Thanks & Regards,

Kishore

No Events found!