Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2016 23:00

Battery Problem in Dell 5521

I purchased Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 2 years ago. From the first month itself i have realized some problem related with battery. Those days, if my laptop was running on battery power (not plugged in) , when I close my laptop lid and open it,  the battery info used to show 250 hrs remaining and so. I thought it might be operating software problem. Now for last 2 months the battery is not charging upto 100% and its showing around "80% available, plugged in, not charging". I did a full format using windows 8.1 disc one week back but still the battery problem exists in my laptop. I tried updating bios using the latest bios file available in the driver site, but didn't make any difference. Please help me to solve this issue.

February 14th, 2016 20:00

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. 

Can you provide us some more info as requested below. 

Have you tried charging another battery on this laptop or this battery on another laptop?

What does the ac adapter status show in BIOS? 

How about battery health ?

Does it always show 80% plugged in not charging or does the status change if the charge is below 80%, (for example 70% plugged in charging and then it changes to not charging once 80%) ??

Regards

3 Posts

February 15th, 2016 05:00

Hello,

My friends doesn't have similar laptop, so i was not able to try this battery on another laptop or another battery on this laptop.

The adapter in bios showing 90w and the battery status says the battery is working normally.

The percentage changes from time to time. It's not fixed at 80%. Now its showing "76% plugged in not charging", sometimes "70% plugged in not charging" like that. The maximum it would show is 83%.

I tried flashing the bios with latest version from dell site but no change.

February 17th, 2016 20:00

Hello,
Nice to hear from you.
Could you please PM us your system tag# by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message, should the system be under warranty, we will see what best we can do.
meanwhile please try changing the power plan and observe if it makes any difference.
Regards

February 20th, 2016 02:00

Hi, 

Awaiting your response.

Regards

No Events found!