Highlighted
jasonrasquinha
1 Nickel

Battery indicator LED of DELL 15R 5537 (i5 6GB 500GB WIN8 Touch) not lighting up when charger connected

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just got a Dell 15R 5537 (on 29th September 2014) and when the laptop is on or off, the LED indicator on the front of the PC doesn't light up. What is the matter? do i need to get it replaced? 

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Battery indicator LED of DELL 15R 5537 (i5 6GB 500GB WIN8 Touch) not lighting up when charger connected

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

The LED light indicated below only illuminates when AC adapter is connected to the system and is charging the battery.

If the light is not illuminating when the AC adapter is connected to the system then I would suggest you to try flashing the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, and then download the BIOS from the BIOS section onto the system and install it.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Battery indicator LED of DELL 15R 5537 (i5 6GB 500GB WIN8 Touch) not lighting up when charger connected

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

The LED light indicated below only illuminates when AC adapter is connected to the system and is charging the battery.

If the light is not illuminating when the AC adapter is connected to the system then I would suggest you to try flashing the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, and then download the BIOS from the BIOS section onto the system and install it.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos
jasonrasquinha
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks! I left it on for a few hours without the charger and when i re connected the charger, the light came on.. I guess it was because the battery charge dropped. 

0 Kudos
madala trinath
1 Copper

Jump to solution

if the battery charge is 100% then the battery wont charge the light only be on when the battery is taking current from the charger so there is no problem

0 Kudos