BrittF2012
1 Copper

Battery issues

Jump to solution

My battery icon says.... 0% availibility plugged in, not charging. Can anybody tell me why?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BrittF2012
1 Copper

Re: Battery issues

Jump to solution
Ok thank u
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Check the BIOS setup -- F2 at powerup - to see whether the AC adapter is properly recognized or is listed as "unknown" or not present.  If it's not present, or unknown, the battery won't charge.  Try a new Dell adapter - if that doesn't solve the problem, the system needs an internal repair.

5 Replies
7 Plutonium

Jump to solution

My battery icon says.... 0% availibility plugged in, not charging. Can anybody tell me why?

BrittF2012
As you have a Laptop it's best to post this in the Laptop forum HERE, this forum is for Desktop Hardware.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
BrittF2012
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Ok thank u
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Check the BIOS setup -- F2 at powerup - to see whether the AC adapter is properly recognized or is listed as "unknown" or not present.  If it's not present, or unknown, the battery won't charge.  Try a new Dell adapter - if that doesn't solve the problem, the system needs an internal repair.

BrittF2012
1 Copper

Battery issues

Jump to solution
My dell Inspiron 15r n5010 is having battery issues. The battery icon says... 0% availability. Plugged in, not charging. Can anybody help?
0 Kudos
traybag
1 Copper

Jump to solution

how do i charge battery

0 Kudos