BethKoe
1 Copper

Battery not charging on new Dell netbook

I purchased a netbook less than 2 years ago.  I only used it a dozen times because the finger pad

was so horrible to use.  The mouse cursor just kept flying around all over the screen.  It was barely usable.

During the time I was not using it, I managed to misplace the ac adapter.  I called to find out what one I needed

and was given the info.  Not wanting to spend $50+ I waited hoping adapter would show up.  6 months later, still

not found, I gave in and purchased the adapter I was told I needed.  It was a 30 watt 3 pin adapter from Dell.

The only thing I see on the laptop is Inspiron mini.  I don't know the number.   Anyway, I plugged it in and while it was plugged

in, it fired up and was usable.  But when I unplugged it, there was no charge.  It appears that it will operate when it is 

plugged in but it will not provide the battery with a charge.

Please help me with this problem and tell me how I should go about contacting Dell to have it resolved.

I need a phone number for a customer service person that doesn't cost anything!

I can't even do online chat because the chat only works with internet explorer.  Does anyone actually use that browser????

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Battery not charging on new Dell netbook

Hi BethKoe,

Welcome to the Community. It looks like you may need a replacement battery. Check Dell Quickset on your computer to see how the battery is performing. If you do not have Dell Quickset, log on to support.dell.com, click on home users, drivers and downloads, enter your service tag, or select the system model to find drivers for your system. Quickset is under Application.

If this does not work, send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your Service Tag, Phone Number and Address.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BethKoe
1 Copper

Re: Battery not charging on new Dell netbook

Were you going to get back to me???

0 Kudos