Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

October 24th, 2016 10:00

Battery on 7370 Draining Fast

We have noticed that the battery on our 7370's drains quite quickly. have had reports of under 2 hours. We have a balanced power plan enabled.   Now, I know it depends on what you are running, but the average report is around 3.5 to 4 hours.  Starting to tweak some of the settings, but was looking  to see if anyone else has experienced it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 25th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps below which would help in improving the battery performance.

1-Remove USB powered devices whenever possible

2-Close all unnecessary programs when not in use

3-Decrease the screen brightness

4-Turn off the backlit feature on your keyboard, if your computer has that feature

5-Keep the Vents clear

6-Change the Power Management Plan

7-Change the power plan setting to shut down your screen and hard drive when not in use

8-Update the BIOS

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

3 Posts

October 27th, 2016 08:00

I have the same issue on mine.  Full battery says it has 2-4 hours of battery life left.  I have screen brightness set at 25%, power plan balanced battery and tried running with SSD in RAID and AHCI.  Only running chrome or vudu client, nothing else running.  BIOS is on the latest.  This laptop has no vents it is a M series cpu.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 27th, 2016 09:00

Hi jmshop2014,

Kindly follow the same steps as mentioned and keep us updated.

Thanks

Robin

15 Posts

October 27th, 2016 11:00

I have been looking at this for a couple of weeks.  Have tried various power plans. Settings, DELL Command Power manager, nothing really helps. DELL has told us to either buy the larger battery or the external.  Not acceptable .

From this link: www.dell.com/.../pd

Powered up longer: Count on excellent standard battery life, plus even more power to carry you through every meeting with the optional Dell Power Companion.

Not true.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 28th, 2016 09:00

Hi Anati,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We would suggest you to check the battery health in BIOS and Adapter status.

If you have spoken to Dell and you have a reference number kindly private message with the reference number ,service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!