Highlighted
Saurabh78
1 Copper

Battery plugged in not charging- Dell 3330 with all original packaged components

Hi! I have Dell 3330 with all the original components ( battery / Adapter ) running windows 10.1 64 bti. but my machine has a strange problem it charges my laptop's battery to 42% only and after that it shows 'Not Charging' message on mouse over. I did run the dell diagnostics for which battery passed the result. 

I did try some  tricks of uninstalling / disabling battery drivers and updating them after a restart. 

Removing the battery .. drained out any charge on the motherboard by pressing it for 20 secs or more. 

But the issue is same it is still not charging after 42% .. Surprised!?? 

Kindly suggest what is wrong where with the software.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Battery plugged in not charging- Dell 3330 with all original packaged components

Hi Saurabh78

Thanks for writing to us. 

When did the issue start?  Please update the BIOS from support.euro.dell.com and observe for any changes. 

Try this battery on another machine or another battery on this machine, which will give us a clear picture of the cause. 

Most of the time we are looking at a faulty battery in these situations. 

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos

RE: Battery plugged in not charging- Dell 3330 with all original packaged components

Hi We are awaiting your response.

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos