Okto
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

I did as Sharash advise. And it's work.

Thanks Sharash..

0 Kudos
micheal_ford
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

I tried this but when the download starts it says, " the AC adapter and battery must be plugged in before the system BIOS can be flashed" although I already do have both plugged in. 

Please help 

0 Kudos
tjhartnett4
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello - I am attempting to install the newest BIOS driver but I've received a notification that the battery must be at 10% for BIOS to flash.  But as the nature of my problem is that my battery can't charge, there's no way I can get my battery up to 10%.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Baher Kilani
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dear Mr. Saharsh_Kapur

Thanks for you help. 

I know the post too old, no need to create new post, 

I have same issue, but i cannt install any bios driver.

cuz the battery charge less than 10 percent.

So I cann't try your suggestion! 

any solutions?  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I looked at a dozen websites for solutions. They all seemed to say to uninstall the ACPI Compliance Control Method Battery File, but that didn't work for me no matter whether I did it with the power or battery on. I gave in and bought a new battery and experienced the same "plugged in, not charging" issue with the brand new battery. I then tried going to the same part of the computer--Control Panel--System & Security System -- System -- Device Manager -- Batteries, but this time uninstalled the Dell AC/DC charger. And when it reinstalled after it was plugged back in, it worked! I now remember that when I unplugged the computer the portion of the cord connecting the charger box to the outlet separated from the portion of the cord connecting the charger box to the computer, and believe that is what triggered the software issue. I hope this works for others (preferably before buying a new battery).

0 Kudos
eidlaptop
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Saharsh, thank you so much--this post is from 2012 but I stumbled on it today and it fixed the problem of "plugged in, not charging" immediately upon reboot!  I downloaded the BIOS update and when I rebooted my battery icon was back (the icon had recently disappeared), it indicated that it was"plugged in, charging," and it charged--good as new.  Thanks again.

Highlighted
AnnieNYC
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Nope. Updating the BIOS worked temporarily and then back to the same old problem--the battery is not charging. Any other brilliant suggestions?
0 Kudos
CeeFoR
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Your DC jack most likely needs replacing, costs about $69 if you visit a repair shop.

0 Kudos
AnnieNYC
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Thank you. But what kind of "repair shop" do you suggest? I have found that generic computer repair shops will not repair hardware that is proprietary. And where can I purchase such a jack--is it unique to Dell, or can you buy a generic jack and stick it into a Dell?
0 Kudos
AnnieNYC
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Nice idea. But that did not work in my case. Or, to be more precise, it worked for a little while, but then the battery stopped charging again. My conclusion: it must be the hardware! But which part? It's not the charger and it's not the battery. We checked both.
0 Kudos