mfryling
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

This did the trick!

0 Kudos
Ina Pickle
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

The problem with your solution is that my Inspirion refuses to run the BIOS update because my battery is at less than 10 percent.  It tells me to charge my battery first.

Well, okay... I can't because I need the update to get my adapter to work again.

0 Kudos
rktrevino
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!  Fixed the battery problem!  I was getting worried.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've tried downloading the BIOS to fix the plugged in not charging problem, but, it says your AC adapter needs to be plugged in and the battery has to be above 10% and I'm always at 0% please help I really need a fix to this so my battery could work again

0 Kudos
prabina
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Respected Sir

I had bougth dell laptop last 2 years. model-dell inspiron 5520,os-win-7 home basic 64 bit (services pack-1).I beg to state that fixid battery problem(0% available plugged in,not charging)

so kindly reply me this reason. i'm wait u

sincerly

Prabina Garnayak 

0 Kudos
Nouran
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My battery  is 6% and it is not charging although my charger is plugged in.. also my laptop has touch screen.. and the touching screen keeps touch its self. All that just happened today suddenly.

0 Kudos
bmiddl2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thanks this was very useful, in future please share more problems and resolutions you have achieved.         this helped me fix my laptop 

0 Kudos
JessicasBridal
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This worked for me as well. My dell laptop (which is less then 6 months old) was only registering that it was plugged in for a brief second, then the plug icon went away. First I tried another dell power cord and it did the same thing. So then I found this post, did what this poster suggested and now it's working fine again. I was super mad for a minute thinking I needed a new laptop already.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
hopeful777
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the bios update idea. I tried taking the battery out and back in and doing the uninstall of the battery drivers and restarting, but nothing was working.

I had to use "auto detect" for the site to find my machine, then I was offered the updates.  I didn't even have to restart my computer!  It suggested six updates, and after the first update was complete (bios) the battery started saying, "plugged in and charging again."

0 Kudos
Consultan
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Pamela  -- had the same issue on my Inspiron 5520.  Tried a "lite version" of your approach:

1. I had about 33% battery left. I unplugged the power cord from the laptop only
  2. Powered down
  3. Removed the battery
  4. Replaced the battery
  5. Powered up.
  6. Replaced the power cord -- battery began charging

Thanks for the "Inspiron-ation".   emoticon.BigSmile.title

0 Kudos