giwplay1
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

I had this problem last year. I finally returned the battery, and purchased a different third party battery. All work well. I believe it is the battery. It does not communicate with the computer as it should.

0 Kudos
Bernie E
1 Copper

RE: Battery plugged in, not charging...(found the fix that worked for my Dell Inspiron

Jump to solution

Thank you so much, such a simple solution. 

My laptop was plugged into a surge protector and I plugged it into the wall direct and the problem was gone.  been a couple weeks now, no problems, hope it last.

jehmin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

where can we buy a charge board?

Can you show us a diagram or part # please

0 Kudos
Hughbertx
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This worked for my Dell Vostro 1400. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kirkd
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Both of these solutions have worked for other's. I think it has to do with the charging circuity in the battery. The laptop has nothing to do with charging except for directing current to the battery through the DC socket and reading the power level from the battery for display.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
vasim mansuri
1 Copper

Jump to solution

my laptop model is inspiron3542, 15 series and, I m having the same problem of battery. it is sometimes charged and sometimes not charged and shows not detected the battery.

0 Kudos
JuliaC123
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My laptop has been having a pop up messaging saying like ac adapter isn't recognizable or something like that, or battery not recognized, and its been happening for a few days but it was still charging. But today when I came home my laptop was plugged in but completely dead and now won't turn on or charge. But my laptop charger cord had a green light on it, so I'm not sure why its not working

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
tpanc13
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have been having this problem since purchased over 5 years ago and there is NO PERMANENT fix. However, simply unplug the adapter cord from your PC and reinsert. This fixes the problem every time for me. It is definitely related to how Windows is brought down (Sleep or Signout) and updates being done while off.So, just unplug adapter at PC and reinsert.

arfeen77
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks. This helped me too.

0 Kudos