1. Can this drive be installed in the 7559 without a lot of tweaks?
2. Are there any guides on the Internet to installing this drive in the 7559?
3. Will the Samsung 850 EVO M.2 work with the Toshiba 5K1VD?
4. When I buy the Samsung 850 will I need to buy a tray and cable?
5. What changes, if any, need to make to bios in order to be able to boot from the Samsung 850?
6. Do I have to identify the Toshiba drive in a particular way in the bios?
7. Can I just download Windows 10 and install it on the Samsung 850 and then reformat the Toshiba drive so it is a clean drive (I am presently locked out of it because of a malware infection and would just like to wipe it clean – I have no valuable data on it)?
8. Finally, is there a better 250GB drive that I could install in my 7559?
You can use any M.2 SATA (but NOT M.2 NVMe) drive in this system. You'll want to check to make sure the mounting screw for the drive is present - if it's not, you'll need one.
You can install fresh on the M.2 or clone the existing drive over if it'll fit in the smaller capacity M2 .drive.
Either way, REMOVE the hard drive from the system before you install Windows onto the M.2, however you choose to do that.
Thanks for your quick response. I very much appreciate it.
Clarification though: From what you write I assume the Samsung 850 EVO M.2 will run in my system. Will I still be able to run the Toshiba drive as well?
Yes, you can keep both drives - that said, when you install the OS (or clone the existing drive) - you MUST NOT boot the system the first time with both drives installed.