Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

B

2 Posts

July 28th, 2003 10:00

Bios Password

Dear Dell Technicials,

My friend buy a sedond hand Dell in Latitude Cpx serisinin H500GT computer from Switzerland .  When he buy this computer it is working but he comes to turkey and computer needs to a code. he dont know this code and I haven't got the any information for this computer. i have only this code Express Service Code . please help us.

Thanks for your helps up to now.

Best regards...

2.6K Posts

July 28th, 2003 20:00

Bluedreams,

Thank you for using Dell's Community Forum.

You will need to contact us about this.

July 29th, 2003 06:00

Contact link don't work. Help please.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2003 13:00

Hi

I have set the primary password in the bios last week on Thursday and worked on the following days without any problems. Means on Friday, Saturday and even on Sunday I could boot and login to the notebook. But since Monday morning the system keeps telling me that the password is invalid.

I have meanwhile contacted the support in Germany and have also sent my documents in the meantime for the third time but I have not received the master password yet. The D800 has been bought just a couple of weeks ago. How can this happen ? Is it a hardware problem ?

Is there a phone number where I can directly call as the support does not give me the direct number to call. I need urgently the master password to get access to some of the data stored on the notebook.  Do you have also a telephone number in Europe (Germany) to call to get the master password ?

Regards

Ismet

4K Posts

August 5th, 2003 14:00

The Passwords are upper/lower case sensitive. Are you sure you are putting in EXACTLY what you previously set up? Dell should be able to help you if you can establish ownership, in case you are unsuccessful.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2003 15:00

Hi leduke30

I had written that the password has worked for 4 days. I mean, I an expert in IT and I know that the password is case sensitive.

My question to Dell is, why it takes so long to answer ? Is it possible to talk to these person directly ? I mean I just have a fax number and this fax number is used for almost any kind of things. Why isn't possible to have an eMail of the master password department which is faster and the customer knows for sure that the data has arrived and is not lying somewhere on someones desks for the next couple of days.

Please - DELL Support... Help me to get the master password quickly !

Best regards

Ismet

3 Posts

August 5th, 2003 15:00

And of course I can establish ownership ! And the D800 still keeps telling me that the password is invalid !

The ting is that the notebook is just 2 weeks old !

Regards

Ismet

4K Posts

August 5th, 2003 16:00

No insult to your intelligence intended; you get all sorts of folks using the Forum. I hope Dell can help you with your problem, friend.

Dave Teasley

2 Posts

August 8th, 2003 03:00

Send Email ...might be able to help....
No Events found!