Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2017 06:00

Bios update fail. Blank screen while updating bios

Hi. I have a dell inspiron laptop. My problem starts when i tried to update my bios from a07 to a15. While the update is running my laptop screen suddenly turned blank but my laptop is still on. What should i do?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 5th, 2017 07:00

:emotion-2:

Please check and see if you can get into BIOS. By the way list Dell model number and version of window. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

1. Power off computer

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously. Hopefully, you'll be able to see BIOS screen.

2 Posts

January 5th, 2017 17:00

Hi LSUFAN51,

My I have a Dell Inspiron n5010 model and My os is windows 10.

Unfortunately, I can't turn on my computer anymore. when I press the power button, lights will turn on for 2 to 3 seconds then it automatically turns off, and it keeps going on like that.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 6th, 2017 10:00

It's a possibility the BIOS update could have crash the system board, and most likely needs to replace it with a new one.Please, keep in mind, Dell doesn't recommend windows 10 for your system. Click on link below:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 6th, 2017 10:00

However, I do have a few suggestions:

Please disconnect all peripherals (printer, flash drive, external drive), remove AC adapter and battery. Press Power On button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power. Replace battery, AC adapter and then power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally and BIOS update finish installing.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 6th, 2017 14:00

If reseating battery doesn't fix the problem, I suggest you reseat coin-cell battery. After reseating coin- cell battery, and before placing battery back into bay, press 'Power On' button for 15 seconds. Replace battery, AC adapter, and power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally and BIOS update finish installing.

Inspiron 15 Intel (N5010) Service Manual

No Events found!