Highlighted
mboardman
1 Copper

Bios version update?

Ive installed the auto detect for Dell support and it tells me my Inspiron P39F has A02 bios, but I cannot find anywhere on my products support page if it needs a bios upgrade.  Someone from support please tell me?  

Im asking because the backlit keyboard settings seem to get reset to default after a restart.  (Id prefer the backlit keyboard to remain on for the 15 minute selection, and I do know how to adjust this, but that setting seems to default back to 1 minute after a restart or sleep.  Is this normal or can I permanently adjust the backlit keyboard settings?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Bios version update?

A08 is the latest BIOS for the 5547.

<<www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5547-laptop/drivers/advanced#simpledrivers>>

Do you have the Dell quickset utility loaded?  That's used to adjust the backlight settings.

0 Kudos
mboardman
1 Copper

RE: Bios version update?

QS is loaded and running, but I cant seem to figure out how to interact with it, unless its the same thing as using the Windows Mobility Center to quickly adjust keyboard backlight....?  

Why wouldnt my product support page, after downloading and installing the Dell detect agent etc, be able to determine and show a link to upgrade the bios?  Is anyone from Dell Cust Support monitoring this topic?  

0 Kudos