Highlighted
DaveFE
1 Nickel

Bitlocker issue with new models Latitude E7270 E5470 E5570 and Precision 7710 , 7510

Jump to solution

Hello,

I received last week, all those new models and I have an issue with all of them...

I deploy Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit with SCCM 2012 and bitlocker is setup during the task sequence with a PIN code on boot.

This process is working for all model until then .. Latitude and Precision from previous generations.. but now with new models there is an issue with the PIN. At the end of task sequence, the disk is encrypted and there is no error BUT the PIN code is not recognized and the recovery key is asked.

This recovery key is correctly registered in AD. TPM is on and ownership is ok. TPM version is 1.2...

I already tried to manualy decrypt and encrypt again after TPM reset but no way.

I also tried Windows 10 enterprise, and issue is the same.

Is it a known issue ? Did someone here already experienced the same ? 

0 Kudos
67 Replies
DaveFE
1 Nickel

RE: Bitlocker issue with new models Latitude E7270 E5470 E5570 and Precision 7710 , 7510

Jump to solution

I tried now to install windows 7 enterprise without being in the domain, reset TPM, enable local policy for PIN code a start-up and enable bitlocker but the PIN is still not recognized...

Any help would be appreciate.

0 Kudos
markm_sh
1 Copper

RE: Bitlocker issue with new models Latitude E7270 E5470 E5570 and Precision 7710 , 7510

Jump to solution

Hi Dave:

I currently can't help you with your issue - but I am testing the 7270 for OSD from SCCM 2012 and having trouble with this particular model, so I'm wondering if you could help me get off the ground.

My environment is SCCM 2012 SP1 (not R2/no CU's) and the ADK for Windows 8.0. The problem is when we boot off our existing boot media (which works with the 7240, 7250, and older models) the network adapter is not recognized at all. I imported the latest driver pack for WinPE from Dell and still no joy. Thinking this has something to do with using the older ADK, I created a standard boot image for WinPE from the ADK for Windows 10. The network adapter still wasn't recognized, but when I injected the Dell drivers manually it worked.

Figuring the network driver I need was definitely in the Dell driver pack I have tried several different combinations to try to get this working to no avail.

Can you tell me how your environment is set up and if you took any steps to get the 7270 to boot into your task sequence properly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Swetrekki
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Confirmed issue, with skylake and legacymode. new bios will apparently fix it

just one caveat, the new bios has not yet been released...

0 Kudos
schmaer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Do you have any idea when the new BIOS will be released?  This is a complete non-starter for me.  I'm going to have to start looking at a different laptop vendor if this isn't resolved ASAP.

0 Kudos
schmaer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had a similar issue with USB installation media.  Sklake doesn't support USB 2.0, which is unfortunate, because the ADK creates Windows installation media with USB 2.0 WinPE drivers.  The workaround is to update the boot.wim and install.wim with USB 3.0 drivers appropriate for your target platform.  Could this be a related problem?

Swetrekki
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I got it working with both win10 PE and win8 PE. for the PE i imported the driver E1D64x64.sys for the win8 PE.

we are however using R2...

// Claes

0 Kudos
Swetrekki
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

All i heard is the middle of next month. if you use UEFI mode instead, it should apparently work...

suggest you Contact dell prosupport if you have it and explain your predicament and see if they can help you out.

Kind regards

Claes

0 Kudos
DaveFE
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

to markm_sh :

I use SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 and Win10 64 bit boot PE. I had the same driver issue on first try with those PC but it was just working fine after I injected the  WinPE 10 A01 driver pack into the boot image.

Not sure if it will help you.

0 Kudos
DaveFE
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

To Swetrekki :

Hi,

I called already the pro support and the only answer I got is :

This is encryption issue, we don't touch...

I tried to explain but no way, for him it was not a hardware issue ....

0 Kudos