Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2013 05:00

Black Patch on the Screen!! HELP PLEASE!!

Hi thee,

I have a problem and its really annoying, cause I purchased my laptop not older than a month!!!

Today morning, when I opened my laptop and booted it, it had this black patch on the right side of the screen...I think some pixels are burned/dead or whatever, but I need help pronto!!

3.8K Posts

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Try connecting an external monitor to the system to check if the display looks fine on an external monitor. It looks like an issue with the LCD.

Send me a Private Message, click on my user name, click start conversation, and send me your Full Name, Service Tag, and Phone Number.

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The screen needs to be replaced.  It looks like this might be impact damage though, which wouldn't be covered by warranty.

February 8th, 2014 12:00

This is NOT screen damage caused by impact.  My XPS15z does the exact same thing and I have seen many posts from many people having the same issue.  From what I have heard, Dell will not cover this issue if the computer is out of warranty.  That is BOGUS since it is obviously a flaw with the computer if it's happening to so many computers in the exact same spot.

No Events found!