I have a problem with my dell inspiron n5110.After the windows logo, it appears just a black screen with a mouse cursor. Could someone please help me?
I'm assuming you have windows 7 on the system.....
You tried tapping the F8 key? If no, please follow steps below:
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping the F8 key continuously, hopefully you'll see the Advanced Boot Options.
3. Select “Last known good configuration”
If the F8 key doesn't work then I like to suggest using the diagnostic tool on the system. Please follow steps above but instead of tapping F8, start tapping the F12 key. Report back any error codes,
Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics
1. At the black screen, try pressing "CTRL+SHIFT+ESC" to start Task Manager
2. At the top of the(Task Manager) page, click "File" then click on " Run New Task"
3. Type ‘msconfig’ and then select ‘OK‘ to open system configuration.
4. Click on the ‘tools‘ tab, select System Restore (Restore Reset to Earlier Date),choose the earliest date then click ‘OK’