Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2015 22:00

Blank Screen on Dell XPS (9530, Late 2013)

My Dell XPS 15 just goes to a blank screen now. I was required to do a Dell update and restarted my computer. Then it started to go to the FastAccess screen for less than one second then go blank for about 3 seconds. After about 10 minutes it would stop doing that cycle then it screen was blank. I could move the mouse and see the point and that was it. I keep pushing the space bar and putting in my password on the blank screen. Then after about a half hour it show up with my desktop with the right side of my screen was black (about three to five inches). So I uninstalled FastAccess and restarted my computer. Now it still does that 1 second on and 3 seconds off but now FastAccess does not show up. After about 10 minutes I can move the mouse pointer on the blank screen. Tried the password thing and it is not working this time. Any ideas on what I have to do to fix this? I am in the Philippines for work and I was able to pull all my files off while it was working but I need to get this fixed.

April 2nd, 2015 18:00

I did fix the computer.  When it was booting I pressed all the F keys and it gave me the option to restore.  It keep all my files, I just had to load chrome, MS Office and a few other programs.  Not that big of a deal.  I thought there was a way to restore and keep everything.  Guess not.  

No Events found!