Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2017 21:00

Blue Screen of Death

About a year ago I tried to fix my sister's laptop, a task that I did not possess the knowledge or the tools to perform. Since I am the happy owner of a Dell laptop, I offered to find her a good deal on a Dell laptop of her own. Up until two days ago we were both happy with my sister's new Dell Latitude E6510. This is what happened that day. She told she was in the middle of a Windows 10 update when she experienced the blue screen of death with the following words: 

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired, A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed

Error code: 0xc000000F

You’ll need to use recovery tools. If you don’t have any installation (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer

Press Enter to try again

Press F8 for Startup Settings

Press F9 to use a different operating system

The first three things we tried were the options laid out for us by the message, needless to say each of those options brought us back to the status quo. I have been able to access the bios and the diagnostic test showed no problems. I also tried to reboot with the Win 10 disk that came with the computer by going into the boot sequence menu and choosing the DVD drive as the boot drive. The next thing we tried was downloading the media creation tool from Windows to a flash drive on my PC, reordered the boot sequence choosing the USB drive as the boot drive and tried another reboot. The result of both of those attempts was a return to the same blue screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Ed J.

9.4K Posts

September 21st, 2017 04:00

Hi johnsoned,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer isn't working the way it should be.  Without further troubleshooting, it's difficult to say what is going on.  Since your post indicates that this is a relatively new computer you may still be under warranty.  Please note any error codes encountered from the diagnostics testing and contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting.

No Events found!