Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 12th, 2013 18:00

Blue screen of death

screen gets this message randomly, then goes black, then restarts my DELL Inspiron laptop (2010 i believe, Windows 7)

i can log in and use the laptop normally, until this screen pops up again and my laptop restarts.

my battery is almost dead (it gives me a warning "consider replacing battery) does this have anything to do with it?

any help appreciated.

EDIT: my screen doesn't look like that exactly, i had to change format and resolution and size in order to be able to post it here

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 12th, 2013 22:00

Hi sergio_b, 

It seems like a driver conflict on the system. I would suggest you to reply us with snapshot of the device manager so that we can check if there is a yellow bang on any of the devices in device manager.

Also, update the video card and wireless card driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the wireless card driver from Network section and video card drivers listed from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

December 17th, 2013 17:00

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for your help. I couldn't find OS, nor download the wireless card driver and video card driver. I did visit that website and I upgraded the BIOS?

here's the picture 

No Events found!