Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2014 18:00

Bluescreen error on inspiron N5110 i7

hi my n5110 i7 is running windows 7 64 bit, not sure what's happened it turns to blue screen in the midst of running, would you please advise what to be done? I am now running peas pre-boot thorough test mode to see if there is any trouble... thanks!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 28th, 2014 05:00

ss707,

I don't even see a Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter installed?

What is the Linksys AE6000?

Download Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030/Advanced-N 6230 Bluetooth Adapter Driver and save it to your desktop.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, device manager, network adapters, right click on Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the software and drivers, then restart your computer.

When you login, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter but fail. Install the drivers saved to your desktop.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE Edition (no trial) install it and do a quick scan. If it finds malware, please post the log back here.

Rick

332 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 20:00

Hi Ss707,

Welcome to the Dell Community

A Blue screen is also called a STOP Error and this will appear when an issue is so serious that Windows must stop completely.

Firstly, We appreciate that you are running the Pre-Boor assessment(Diagnostics) and this will check for the hardware functionality.

Once the test is completed and if there are no issues. I would suggest you to click on the link http://bit.ly/1r5iA5O and follow the steps mentioned accordingly.

Also do make a note of the blue screen or the complete error message and let us know.

Let us know your findings.

14 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 21:00

also this is from the "problem reporting"

Windows
Problem: Shut down unexpectedly
Files that help describe the problem:
072214-29250-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Windows
070914-19593-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Windows
071614-27705-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Windows
070914-18408-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Windows
070914-53071-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

14 Posts

hi, thanks for your reply

I am checking the event viewer and found

-critical-event id 41, source kernel-power, log-system

Then from event type "Error", it shows

event ID-3-kernel-eventtracing

event id-110-WMI, event 20-google update, event id 24-WMI,102-PNRPSVC

315-printservice

1000-application error

1001-Dhcp-client

1001Bugcheck

6008-event log7001-service control manager

7011-service control manager7023-, 7026...

I don't know how to copy and paste to show you all, let me know if you want them.

also from the pre-boot assessment, no error, all passed.

THANKS.

14 Posts

thanks for the link, I have checed windows update, searched for drivers..

332 Posts

July 23rd, 2014 18:00

Hi Ss707,

Welcome to the Dell Community

I would suggest you to boot the system into ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ and check if the problem Occurs again. Follow the below steps to boot the system into ‘Safe Mode with Networking’.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. As the computer boots, press when the Dell Splash Screen appears.
  3. Scroll down to option ‘Safe mode with networking’ and Click on ‘Enter’ button.
  4. This will boot you into the ‘Safe mode with networking’ and check.

In case you get the Blue screen message again, I would suggest you make a note of the Stop Error Code.

As shown in the picture below :

Also disconnect all external peripherals connected to the system.

14 Posts

July 23rd, 2014 19:00

Thanks for your reply

I just did what you have suggested on safe mode with networking, there is no blue screen..from the error message that I post to you, is there any problem on my computer? thanks.

332 Posts

July 24th, 2014 00:00

Hi Ss707,

As the system is working good in ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ the issue seems to be with the Operating System as per the error message.

I would suggest you to restore the system to factor state and check for issue resolution.Restoring the system to factory state will erase all your personal data. Please follow the steps mentioned below for performing the PC restore on a Windows 7 computer.

1. Back up all the data from the computer before proceeding to next steps.
  2. Unplug all the devices including your printer, camera and memory stick.
  3. Restart the computer.
  4. Press the "F8" key repeatedly as soon as you see the Dell logo. Do not stop until you see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
  5. Press the down arrow and choose "Repair your computer." Hit "Enter."
  6. Select the keyboard layout "US" from the drop-down menu and click "OK."
  7. Log into your account as an administrator. Type in your password. Click "OK."
  8. Click "Dell Factory Image Restore" at the bottom of the options.
  9. Click "Next" in the window that opens.
  10. Click to check the box next to "Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition" to confirm and click "Next." This will generate an operation that will take about 45 minutes to complete. Click "Finish" when the process is complete to restart your computer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 24th, 2014 04:00

ss707,

Please continue with Dell-Farooq A

May I suggest you go to Dell PC Diagnostics and run the Blue Screen Analyzer. Repoert back the results.

You can also download and install Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed click on analyze and post the results back here. It may be a driver issue.

Rick

14 Posts

July 24th, 2014 08:00

this is the result

Conclusion

8 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ae6000w764.sys (Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver, Ralink Technology Corp.)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further. 

14 Posts

July 24th, 2014 08:00

Thanks all, I really prefer not to reformat my pc.

I had tried sue dell detect to check any update required, and I download and installed a few. Then the blue screen starts..I have tried to restore system, but I can't quite locate which version..anyway, I will try the whocrashed now, hope that work...

Thanks!!

14 Posts

July 24th, 2014 16:00

How do I replace the Wireless adapter driver so that I can get rid of the crashed ralink wifi driver? do I need to remove it? if so how? I didn't see it from device manager

thanks

332 Posts

July 25th, 2014 18:00

Hi Ss707,

I would advise you to click on the link http://bit.ly/1nHG9nd , click on Download Drivers option and by select the correct model number, scroll down and fill the details and click on submit and then download and install the driver.

Once the driver is installed, restart the system and check.

If still it doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to send a snapshot of device manager and also the full name of the Ralink device along with the model number.

Follow the below steps to locate the device manager on the system.

1. Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button .
  2. In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
  3. When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for network adapters.
  4. Left Click on the arrow next to Network Adapters and take a screen shot of the device manager.

14 Posts

July 25th, 2014 21:00

I have downloaded PCI/ mPCI/ CB(RT256x/ RT266x from the link, double clicked on the file afterward, but not sure if it has been installed. I have restarted the computer, herewith the print screen of the devcie manager. I don't see any ralink there though.

14 Posts

July 29th, 2014 08:00

Thanks Rick, I've followed your instruction, install the driver as you suggested, and scan anti-malware, no malware found :). I have left the laptop on running 2 nights so far, it didn't reboot as it used to do, seems like the problem is solved..will let you know if it happens again!

THANKS!!

No Events found!