ss707
6 Indium

RE: Bluescreen error on inspiron N5110 i7

Jump to solution

this is the result

Conclusion

8 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ae6000w764.sys (Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver, Ralink Technology Corp.)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further. 

0 Kudos
ss707
6 Indium

Jump to solution

How do I replace the Wireless adapter driver so that I can get rid of the crashed ralink wifi driver? do I need to remove it? if so how? I didn't see it from device manager

thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Ss707,

I would advise you to click on the link http://bit.ly/1nHG9nd , click on Download Drivers option and by select the correct model number, scroll down and fill the details and click on submit and then download and install the driver.

Once the driver is installed, restart the system and check.

If still it doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to send a snapshot of device manager and also the full name of the Ralink device along with the model number.

Follow the below steps to locate the device manager on the system.

1. Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button .
  2. In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
  3. When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for network adapters.
  4. Left Click on the arrow next to Network Adapters and take a screen shot of the device manager.

Let us know your findings.

Thanks and Regards,
Farooq Ahmed
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

0 Kudos
ss707
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I have downloaded PCI/ mPCI/ CB(RT256x/ RT266x from the link, double clicked on the file afterward, but not sure if it has been installed. I have restarted the computer, herewith the print screen of the devcie manager. I don't see any ralink there though.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

ss707,

I don't even see a Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter installed?

What is the Linksys AE6000?

Download Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030/Advanced-N 6230 Bluetooth Adapter Driver and save it to your desktop.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, device manager, network adapters, right click on Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the software and drivers, then restart your computer.

When you login, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter but fail. Install the drivers saved to your desktop.

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE Edition (no trial) install it and do a quick scan. If it finds malware, please post the log back here.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
ss707
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Thanks Rick, I've followed your instruction, install the driver as you suggested, and scan anti-malware, no malware found :). I have left the laptop on running 2 nights so far, it didn't reboot as it used to do, seems like the problem is solved..will let you know if it happens again!

THANKS!!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

ss707,

Glad you got it working! emoticon.Yes.title Thanks for posting back.

Just a reminder that Windows 7 using automatic updates, if they're not installed in 24 hours, Windows will shutdown and install the updates(usually the second Tuesday of the month).

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
ss707
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I am so sorry to say..the same blue screen happen this afternoon :(, the error message is AE6000w764.sys..look like the same issue..what should I do?? Please help thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

ss707,

You have an Intel wireless adapter. Unless you're using some type of usb wireless device or a mobile card of some type, then file should not be needed that is causing the BSOD.

1. Ralink Technology, Corp. was a Wi-Fi chipset manufacturer mainly known for their IEEE 802.11 chipsets. Originally founded in 2001 in Cupertino, California, Ralink moved its headquarters to Hsinchu, Taiwan.
    Headquarters: JHUBEI

Founded: January 2001

I have someone looking to see if something else on this system is made by Railink

Farooq do you know of anything on this system that is made by Railink?

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
ss787
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Rick, you are right, I am using a CISCO AE6000 usb dual band WIFI adaptor. I have no idea what is Ralink technology, I don't think however it is the AE6000 usb. I don't know where that come from.

I have copied the windows error message from the blue screen error for your info as below

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000406F8
BCP4: FFFFF88006E1C7EF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072914-25974-01.dmp
C:\Users\ss\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-126454-0.sysdata.xml

Would that be the conflict with my usb wifi adaptor? I removed the adapter for testing then I found I have no internet connection at all.

Thanks.

0 Kudos