Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

January 1st, 2018 02:00

Bluetooth Stopped Working After Win10 Update - XPS1647

After doing a Win7 to Win10 update my bluetooth no longer works. 

When the laptop first started up I quickly saw a message (new feature of Win10 ? ) on the right - something about bluetooth device disabled but it came and went so fast I couldn't read it.  And I haven't seen it since.

I checked device manager and it does not list anything pertaining to 'bluetooth'. Also when the XPS 1647 first starts the bluetooth light on the front comes on but as Win10 loads it shuts off and stays off. 

Thank you...                  

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

January 1st, 2018 07:00

install all the Window 10 drivers starting with chipset

78 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 04:00

Thanks ieee488 for your reply. Could you explain in a little more detail ?  

The Bluetooth is not showing up in device manager so I'm not sure how to go about installing a driver. And do I need to delete the older driver(s) first, and if so how is that done ?

Also, I read here that some have found the Lenovo driver, updated for Windows 10, worked on the Dell 370 BT card (Broadcom chip). Is this a good solution ?  

You mentioned "Window 10 drivers" and "chipset"  are these downloaded from Microsoft ? And do I actually need the chipset if only the BT is not working ? Wouldn't the BT driver be enough to correct the problem, or are they all necessary for the BT to work  ?  

Thank you

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 05:00

If there are Dell Windows 10 drivers, you download them from the Dell website and install them.

If there aren't, then you will have to hunt for them including the chipset.

78 Posts

January 4th, 2018 03:00

Thanks again Ieee488

No Events found!