Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2012 09:00

Bluetooth headset audio quality horrible

I have a Latitude 6420 running Windows 7 (64bit). I am also using Windows Linc for unified communications and want to use a BT headset for phone. I have tried numerous BT headsets including several that are Windows Linc certified (Jabra and Logitech) but I can't get any of them to deliver decent audio quality (for caller or callee) when using the internal BT radio. I am now using the Jabra USB transmitter which works fine, but it is an awkward dongle that I'd like to get rid of it.

I've read several posts that say the internal BT on Dells won't work for phone quality connectivity, but this is my final attempt to get it resolved. I've already spent too much time trying to troubleshoot this issue. Why can't it work as easily and with same quality as a cell phone?   

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 28th, 2012 15:00

Robfin

I would test other media with the Bluetooth headset.  Pare the headset, choose the headset as the default audio device and play a music CD.  Is the quality of the sound the same, better or worse?  Try to find out if the sound quality problems only occur when using Linc, or it is all of the time.

If you are concerned that they may be something wrong with the Bluetooth itself, try a simpler Bluetooth device, say a mouse or keyboard and see if they work well.  Try to find out if the any Bluetooth devices work, see if the problem follows the Bluetooth module, or only the headset.

TB

No Events found!