richlair
1 Nickel

Re: Bluetooth headset connects but no sound is heard

Jump to solution

@DELL-Roshan L

Yes, my bluetooth headset works in different computers and unfortunately, since I don't have any other bluetooth headset, I am not able to test it here on my system but the bluetooth mouse works just fine!

@jajwarehouse

Thanks for the suggestion, I did as you told and reinstalled the bluetooth drivers from the Dell System Resource CD, but then due to some problems with the driver, after pairing up my headset, I am not able to see it in the sound playback devices.

Upon searching in google to see if anyone else had the same problem, I hit upon this topic http://goo.gl/dsRRy and it seems the answer was to update my Broadcam Bluetooth drivers from the given website.

I just have one final follow-up problem with my updating of the broadcam bluetooth drivers. When I run the setup, it gets stuck trying to detect my bluetooth device.
Snapshot of the window here:
http://i.imgur.com/AlRIt0y.png.

I have made sure that bluetooth is switched on but still it is not being recognized. Any ideas on how to fix this?

@gudakesha

You should also try reinstalling and updating your bluetooth drivers, I guess.

0 Kudos
jajwarehouse
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It appears now your headset is not entering pairing mode.  I am not sure which one you have, but I know mine will not enter pairing mode if any other device it has been paired to such as my phone is near and has bluetooth turned on, even if it is disconnected.  So, be sure all other devices the headset has been paired to have bluetooth turned off and follow the directions of how to place the headset in pairing mode.  Hopefully it will show up on the computer then.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi richlair,

If bluetooth mouse works fine, then it should not be a problem with the bluetooth driver. If the driver you're trying is not getting installed, then try reinstalling the bluetooth driver from our support website  and check if it helps.

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
Highlighted
asrc022
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
underscore2000
1 Nickel

RE: Bluetooth headset connects but no sound is heard

Jump to solution

Hi richlair,

Welcome to the Community,

Did you try to set your Bluetooth Headset as default play back device, while the media player( which ever you're using) was running?

I would suggest you remove and repair your Bluetooth headset. After it gets paired, set it as default play back device and then try to run the media player.

Let me know if running the media player, after setting up the Bluetooth headset helps.

Thank You

Hi Roshan

I have read all related posts on Bluetooth pairing, I have almost similar problem, the thing is, I was able to pair my BB903+ Bluetooth headset and added as new device, however, trying to make as default sound giving me problem. It shows in the sound device, but default setting is disable, that explain why I could not make my Bluetooth headset as default sound.

I have the following:

DELL Latitude E6430

Win 7 x64 bit

Apologies if I did not make new topic on this issue.

thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
ML77
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem.  Cannot set as default, even after disable speakers. paired but will not connect.  it must be a setting somewhere.

0 Kudos
underscore2000
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

please refer to below link discussion:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/p/19523412/20442777.asp...

note the laptop model and OS in order to avoid misconception of the Bluetooth driver.

hope it will serve the purpose.

best regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi ML77,

Please share the system model and the operating system installed on the computer. also paste the screenshot of 

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards
Amogh G
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

0 Kudos
Jainendra
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was facing same problem with my Byte bluetooth headphone, now my problem is resolved after trying this trick.

Thanks.. 

0 Kudos
daveyauch
1 Copper

Jump to solution

RICHLAIR, Did you ever find a solution to the hanging install program? I have exactly the same situation. PC with USB Bluetooth dongle though, broadcom transmitter, Win7 installed a generic bluetooth driver, no sound with paired headset. I tried to install the broadcom drivers from their website per your info above, and though the radio is plugged in and turned on and seen in windows, the install program hangs at Detect Bluetooth device, I've rebooted etc. Did you ever get those to install?  Thank you

0 Kudos